Painted the master bedroom

Last week Karin's school was closed for Spring Break, so we took the opportunity to repaint the master bedroom. Karin bought new curtains and a new comforter/sham set for the bed. We also took the opportunity to give away the never-used old TV set, and then rearranged the furniture a bit.

Taking pictures of the house is really stressing how much the 50mm fixed lens is not the right lens for the job. It's tricky to get a shot of much of the room, but I did take some before and after shots. The after shots are also HDR shots. I took three exposures at -2/0/+2 stops for each shot and then combined them in Photomatix Pro. These came through Aperture but I didn't do anything there but vignette them.


(note the dingy ceiling, which we also repainted)

Here's where they dropped the window a foot. They did a nice job of texturing the wall, but it needed painting.


We had just taken the dresser drawers out in order to move it when Heisenberg decided to help.